Al Jazeera America – http://america.aljazeera.com/ – is a channel on American basic cable, it was launched in August 2013. It is a 24 hour news channel and is owned by the Qatar based Al Jazeera Media Network. It is an American offshoot of the popular middle eastern channel Al Jazeera. It is headquartered in Manhatten, New York City but has 12 bureaus located around the country in major cities. Al Jazeera American aims to produce 60% of its content within the USA, the other 40% is taken from its worldwide English language channel, Al Jazeera English.
Al Jazeera America has a variety of news & news based programming, including standard headline news programs, as well as more varied programming, like The Frost Interviews, an interview program presented by David Frost.
They have poached a number of famous names from other networks including former weekend NBC Nightly News anchor John Seigenthaler, former Fox News presenter David Shuster and former ABC news correspondent Lisa Fletcher.

Channel: Al Jazeera America

Sort: Date | Title | Views | Sort Descending
View:

Cenk’s Pontiac, Ransom, Warren, Refugees & Cenk In The Military – Twitter Storm #AskCenk

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

In this weekly segment, Cenk Uygur (http://www.twitter.com/cenkuygur) responds to viewer questions from Twitter with help from Kim Horcher (https://twitter.com/kimscorcher) of Nerd Alert. You can join in by using #ask...

Cops Are Now Getting Paid To NOT Work

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Inspectors have outlined their concerns over a growing trend for victims of crime to be asked to carry out their own DIY investigations after having their car stolen or property damaged. Householders are being asked ...

The World’s Oldest Person, You Won’t Believe How Old She Is!

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"A Mexican woman who will become the oldest human ever to have lived when she turns 127 tomorrow has claimed chocolate is to credit for her longevity. Leandra Becerra Lumbreras was born on 31 August, 1887, meaning sh...

Floyd Mayweather Sued By Ex-Fiancee – Domestic Abuse Allegations

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"The former fiancee of Floyd Mayweather Jr. claims in a civil lawsuit that the superstar boxer beat her during their relationship and later publicly humiliated her by posting on social media a sonogram of her pregnanc...

How To Turn Off Autoplay On Facebook App

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Want to save money on your phone bill? Make sure you turn off the "autoplay" setting on Facebook videos. Smartphone users are at risk of maxing out their data plans if they don't change this default setting in the F...

Who Took Down Stockton?

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Who Took Down Stockton?," examines how Stockton, California, became the largest city in American history to file for bankruptcy. The piece highlights the key characters and decisions that brought the city to the brin...

Man Shot By 3 Black Men He Completely Made Up To Hide The Truth

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Police in Ohio have charged a former Navy SEAL after discovering “overwhelming evidence” that he lied when he said three black men shouted obscenities at him, and then shot him in the stomach. Chris Heben, a 44-year...

Open Carry Madness Captured In Brilliant Ad Campaign

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Moms Demand Action is launching what it describes as its first ad campaign against a corporate gun policy. The group, a campaign of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety, is running ...

ISIS Bucket Challenge Is One Way To Fight Back, Comedy Is Another

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Pictures of Lebanese activists burning flags in Beruit in protest against Islamic State militants have sparked a hashtag campaign against Isis. The hashtags #BurnISISFlagChallenge or #BurnISIS have been circulating ...

The Terrifying Possibility Of A Saudi Arabia-ISIS Merger

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"ISIS is indeed a veritable time bomb inserted into the heart of the Middle East. But its destructive power is not as commonly understood. It is not with the "March of the Beheaders"; it is not with the killings; the ...

ISIS Ranks Include 100 Americans Says Secretary Of Defense

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"World leaders, nervously eyeing a growing threat from Islamic State militants, will seek to build a united front this week against the violent extremist group and keep it from creeping beyond its borders. Yet intern...

Super Wealthy Spread Money, Politicians Spread Ass Cheeks

Added by 3 years ago

0 Views0 Comments

"Andrew Sabin gave Republicans so much money in 2012 that he accidentally went over a limit on how much individuals could donate to federal candidates and party committees. So Sabin, who owns a New York-based preciou...

Page 1 of 27612345...102030...Last »